Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Our little Gymnist

When I was little I took dance, gymnastic, and ballet classes.
Somehow none of those stuck because I have ZERO rhythm.
One day in dance class I was not happy to be there so when the teacher asked me to do something I decided to instead take off my clothing and stick my tongue out at her.
It ended in me getting taken out in the hall and getting spanked but I think I got my point across that dancing was not my thing.
Last month Jacob found a groupon that was for this amazing Gymnastics place in Sandy. Its for 1 hour class 2 times a week for one month.
Xelly is the youngest by about 6 months but she loves it!

Her eyes look crazy in this picture!

She was so excited to wear her "ellas" (the skirt)

I'm not sure who is more excited for her first class. Xelly or Jacob
 

The teacher is trying to get all the kids to do the bridge. This is about as far as Xelly gets on her own

They each got to do the drills on the tramp. I felt bad for the teacher having to try to contain 7 2-4 year olds

This is when they were learning to do pikes? or something.

Then they had to put their toes on the outside of their hands and hold it.
Xelly got to 47 seconds before the teacher saved her. I don't think she had any intention of letting go.

She was not a big fan of the balance beam. she would of rather jumped
off of it but she still tried and had fun.

the beam
 

1 comment: