Friday, January 2, 2015

Rockwell Taft Beach

Born December 23rd 2014
Weight 10lbs 3oz
Length 21.3"
Time 2:35pm 

Because of his size at 36 weeks my dr wanted to move my due date up a month to Dec 9th. I didn't want that because it was such a big jump, so instead I got induced at 39 weeks. One week before my due date. 
At my last doctors appointment he was measuring exactly on track and I was dilated 3cm 70% effaced.. Still. 

On the 23rd (induction day) i woke up to shower around 3am because sleep was not happening. I waited and called the hospital at 4am to see if they had any rooms available. Sadly they did not and said to call again at 9am.
I finally fell asleep but was woken by a call from the hospital at 5:30am saying they had room ready for us so we headed on up! 

We arrived and got settled in. 
They checked me and I was still a 3 & 70% (I don't ever go past that on my own) I am almost positive the nurse broke my water without knowing it when she checked me because I felt water almost instantly but not a ton like I was use to. A few minutes later my Dr walked in and he was about to go into a surgery so he suggested he break my water right then so we wouldn't have to wait and like I thought it had already been broken by the nurse on accident. 

I got all my IV's placed around 7 then Jacob and I hung out. The kids were with my parents & Jacobs mom went to my parents to help out so we called them to see how the kids were. Xelly was so excited for her new brother to come but also said she was having so much fun playing that she couldn't talk long.

At 10am the anesthesiologist came in and I got the heavenly needle that helps my body to progress! When they checked me just prior to the epidural I was still a 3 & 70% 

We watched iron man 3 on and off then Jacob went to go get him some lunch before things got busy. 

I called my mom at 1:30 to let her know that everything was going good and that I would call her when they came in to check me again. While I was on the phone with her I started to have some shivers and my teeth would chatter but I never felt cold. I hung up with her and a few minutes later the nurse came in and I told her I felt chills and some pressure so she said she would check me. 

I was dilated to a 9+ with just a tiny "lip" left that needed to finish. The nurse called my Dr and he said to call him again when I was a 10. I hurried and called my mom so she could get here for the baby boys birth. 
3-5 minutes later I was at a 10. So she called my Dr And he arrived about 10 minutes later. they got everything in order for the delivery and all the sudden it felt real- we were going to have another sweet baby. They didn't want to do any practice pushes because I deliver fast once I start to push and I told my Dr I didn't want a episiotomy and he said he would do his best to have a tear free delivery.
Once everything was ready (minus my mom being there) the Dr asked if we were wanting to wait for my mom and I said I didn't think that was up to us at this point. So I did two pushes and then stopped for a minute to wait for another contraction. While we were waiting for the next contraction my mom can walking in crying with excitement and I pushesd two more times and welcomed a sweet "big baby boy with tons of hair!" As my Dr announced it 

I held him on my chest before they took him for measurements. My Dr and I were talking about what we thought he weighed and I said 9lbs. Right then the baby nurse said "10.3" and my dr looked up at me shocked! 

My Dr was fantastic and I am so grateful for him! My recovery with this pregnancy was easy in the hospital I was able to get up and walk around with little pain mostly just tired legs... A happy time for me because recovery with Quinton was not easy at all! 

After Rockwell was born because of his size and his breathing (sounded like he had lots of gunk in his lungs) they took him to the nursery to make sure his sugar levels were okay. I finally got to see him again 5-6 hours later and it was a very happy time!

He has been an angel and a very peaceful baby. His brother and sister love him and I am so thankful for that!! 

Welcome to our awesome family Rockwell!

My dad was working in the Gilbert temple when I had him so my mom called him and he headed to the hospital to come meet Rockwell. 

Let's go home!!